. deadline near only
Studio Rian de Jong | Amsterdam
Deadline for application: January 19th 2014
The Françoise van den Bosch Foundation invites jewellery artists from outside the Netherlands to apply for a two months working period in a studio apartment in the centre of Amsterdam in May and June 2014. Since the year 2000 the Foundation offers this yearly opportunity to live and work in one of the most active jewellery communities in the world.
WHAT IS THE DEAL
The studio and apartment are offered for free between May 1st and July 1st. It is possible to extend your stay with another month on your own expenses (but this should be requested beforehand with the landlord).
Not included in the stay are:
1. Travel expenses
3. Living Costs
4. Insurance (third-party insurance is obligatory)
The studio is well equipped and includes a full-furnished apartment. Please see the website of Studio Rian de Jong for more info: www.riandejong.nl
The studio cannot be used for heavy or dirty work (no gypsum, dust and dirt, no heavy metalworking). Further restrictions: no pets, no smoking! Limited guest stay.
The apartment is appropriate for one person.
WHAT DOES THE FOUNDATION EXPECT?
· The applicant should have a professional practice as an art jeweller and be able to work at the studio on a defined project or body of work
· The applicant is a ‘networker’, e.g. makes contact with the local jewellery community. The Foundation can assist and introduce.
· To be visible during your residency and to install a small temporary and improvised exhibition/presentation in a street vitrine in the studio building, either at the start of your stay or at the end.
· At the beginning of the working period, the artist will give a lecture about his/her work at the Gerrit Rietveld Academy. The lecture is open for jewellery students and teachers of the Academy, the members of the board of the Foundation, for the friends and special invitees of the Foundation.
· During the last days (weekend) of the residency the artist in residence organises an open studio to present the results of the residency.
· A brief report of the artist in residence experience (preferably on the Foundation’s blog on the Françoise van den Bosch website), would be most welcome.
Application form Studio Rian de Jong
Please provide us with the following information:
Year of birth:
Plan (max. 500 words)
Short CV (max. 200 words)
Images of recent work (max. 8, please in low res.)
Please use www.wetransfer.com to send your files to:
Deadline: January 19th 2014